By submitting your ideas, jokes, articles or videos to Classic Dad LLC, the publisher of this site, you and/or your organization will be granting Classic Dad unlimited rights of use across the Classic Dad LLC digital channels. At our discretion, your content may be distributed across our channels, including web, social media, RSS, email, mobile and PDF. We also retain the right to edit for clarity, tone and style.
We assume that you have the right to grant the use for all materials you provide. It is your responsibility to verify this prior to submitting any materials.
This Exclusive License Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between you (“Owner/Licensor”) and CLASSIC DAD LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“Licensee”).
WHEREAS, Owner/Licensor has agreed to provide photographic images and/or video content (the “Submission”) that can be utilized by Licensee for print and/or online use, whether for private or commercial purpose.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises contained herein, the Owner/Licensor and Licensee agree as follows:
1. This Agreement shall be effective as of the date of submission (the “Effective Date”).
2. Owner/Licensor hereby grants Licensee an exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid-up, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers of sublicenses), and worldwide license to reproduce, modify, make derivative works of, display, publish, distribute, sell, otherwise transfer, use, and otherwise exploit the Submission and all copyrights, trademark rights, rights necessary for licensing and merchandising, including rights of privacy and publicity; any and all moral rights (including the rights granted in Section 106A of the Copyright Act); and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights, and all applications and registrations therefor. To the extent the foregoing license is ineffective for any reason, Owner/Licensor hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives all rights Owner/Licensor may have in or to the Submission, including moral rights, to the sole benefit of Company, and hereby covenants not to bring or participate in any action against Company or its successors, licensees, or assignees, for infringement, misappropriation, or other violation of such rights. This paragraph specifically applies to any derivative works based on the Submission.
3. Owner/Licensor warrants and represents that Owner/Licensor has the full right, power, and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights granted herein; and that the Licensee’s inclusion and use of the Submission will not violate any rights of any kind or nature whatsoever of any third party. Licensor/Owner shall further indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Licensee, including its owners, members, employees, agents, officers, directors, successors, assigns and licensees, from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising out of or in any way connected with any breach of any representation or warranty made by Licensor/Owner herein, including any claim of right or ownership in the Submission by any third-party.
4. This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between the parties concerning the matters set forth herein and any amendment or modification hereto shall be in writing and shall be executed by all parties in the same manner as this Agreement.
5. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Any action brought to enforce the terms of this Agreement must be brought in the state courts of Travis County, Texas where exclusive venue shall lie.